549 N 68th Street, Seattle, WA 98103
T: (206) 453-5810
C: (206) 612-0675
Multi-faceted web developer with extensive production and project management experience in producing dynamic, user-focused experiences.
My current career goal is to bring my 13+ years of web development experience to a team that is employing cutting-edge front-end technologies to create world-class, data-driven experiences that delight and engage users.
Summary of Qualifications
- 13+ years of web development and design experience for commercial clients, with demonstrated proficiency in all phases of site development: client contact, website architecture, UI design and development, graphics production, testing cycle, deployment, ongoing site maintenance.
- Extensive experience in both front-end UI/graphic design and back-end development programming; unique ability to bridge communication gap between creative and technical.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; proven ability to lead project meetings, client (external or internal) interactions and in-house technical seminars and produce project-related technical documentation.
Skills and Knowledge Base
- Graphic design
- UI; site navigation; graphical “look and feel”
- production estimation; client relations; copyediting; project management; documentation/technical writing; client training/instruction
BS, Scientific and Technical Communication (practical minor in Computer Science), 1998 (cum laude)
Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI
I was hired as the cornerstone of a growing front-end development team tasked with supporting the University of Phoenix marketing website (http://www.phoenix.edu), a high-traffic site that receives millions of page views every month. As lead UI developer, I create dynamic, data-driven templates and components utilized by the Apollo Group web content strategy team to build the UOPX website.
- Lead development of template UI for UOPX homepage, degree-program pages, course pages and continuing education mini-site (many of the site’s highest-visibility pages), as well as various extensible components
- Collaborated closely with UX design team in California to generate use cases and create intuitive user experiences
- Lead key CSS refactoring efforts to reduce CSS load times and improve development efficiency
- Initiated project to support responsive presentation for mobile devices via implementation of Twitter Bootstrap
I was recruited to provide development expertise with regard to UI.
- Developed UI for Zillow Professional Directory
- Presented talk advocating for semantic HTML development during Zillow Developer Presentation
- Contributed core Web 2.0 concepts such as standards-based development; code validation; and separation of structure, presentation and behavior into Zillow codebase.
I was recruited to guide development of company into full-service interactive agency, implement processes for small- and large-scale web project development and provide advanced level of design/development expertise with regard to UI and programming. I implemented all phases of site development; mentored co-workers in web development skills; administrated Linux-based dedicated server and in-house Internet connectivity infrastructure on a day-to-day operational basis; and provided Internet technologies consulting for 20+ employees of strategic-management affiliate company.
- Created proprietary WAVE™ client needs evaluation, which was implemented as standard procedure in project exploratory process.
- Spearheaded transfer of client websites to in-house dedicated server, allowing company to generate new revenue stream and significantly reduce third-party website hosting expenses.
- Headed technical development of ADDY award-winning projects: Green Bay Chamber of Commerce “Shine” interactive CD (2003), Green Bay Chamber of Commerce “A Place To Shine” website (2006).
- Integrated core Web 2.0 concepts such as standards-based development; code validation; and separation of structure, presentation and behavior into company web development process.
I was hired to supplement company’s growing web/interactive development division, PulseFX, and improve processes for small- and large-scale web project development. I implemented all phases of site development. Administrated in-house IIS server and Ethernet infrastructure.
- Developed interactive tradeshow kiosk, increasing client’s product sales by 625%. (25 systems vs. 4 systems in previous year)
- Proposed, built and deployed company intranet to improve internal communication and project coordination.